Thursday, March 5, 2009

Relating to I Too, Sing America


I can relate to one of Langston Hughes' poems because in the poem," Mother to Son," life back then wasn't as easy as others thought it would be. People that have been through a horrible life back then know what it is that Langston Hughes is talking about when he said, "life ain't been no crystal stair." People can be able to understand what it is that he talks about in each of his poems. For example,"Tomorrow, I'll be at the table When company comes. Nobody'll dare Say to me, "Eat in the kitchen," which meant that in the future they will have freedom.

1 comment:

Ms. Hall said...

Very nice! Please remember to mention the titles of each poem you talk about. I love your interpretation and the way you explained how the poetry relates to the real world.